This weekend was BYU-I`s Slam Dunk Competition and it was so awesome! I`m not even sure where to begin! There was the Little Man competition and the defending champion was from ARIMO, Idaho! My great-grandparents lived there and it has a population of like 200 or something so I was super excited! He came in second but he should`ve won! He jumped over a girl standing and the table in front of her, it was VERY impressive. The guy that won was pretty good, he jumped over a kiddy car... and this wasn`t your average Jeep it was a Cadillac Escalade. The guy sitting in the Escalade through him the ball and he dunked it after jumping over him. It was a tribute to Blake Griffins dunk in the NBA Comp.
This is the guy jumping over the girl and the table.
Okay, now one of the performances of the night was the Idaho Jump Ropers (probably not the real name), these guys are national champs and they do incredible things! I have seen them perform a few times while at BYU-I and I am never disappointed.
This video is the best so if you only watch one, check this one out!
This one is also pretty awesome.
Okay I would skip to about 30 seconds in.. and at least watch the guy at the end!
Saturday we experienced Sammy`s for the first time. One of the owners is in Kennedy`s english class and gave him coupons for half off a Pie Milk Shake. We both got Banana Cream Pie... Oh My Gosh... THEY WERE AMAZING! I wanted to eat a room full instead of my little cup full. Afterwards we decided to go on a drive so we got on some highway and just drove and we got to Ashton, Idaho... it`s nice there. Found out I ate at a little diner there once on the way to Mesa Falls! We decided to turn around and head back to Rexburg... Kennedy was speeding and we got pulled over! Luckily the officer was very nice and only stopped us for four minutes and he only gave Kennedy a warning... this happened last April too on our way back from Conference. Kennedy has a lucky track record with Idaho Officers. It must be his face.
Well after our drive we went to Extravadance. This is a dance recital that the University puts on every semester and it was incredible! They did an amazing hip hop dance that made me want to cry it was so good, they did a few funny pieces, some beautiful numbers and just plain amazing numbers. We were both blown away and very grateful that we can be uplifted by others talents!
All in all it was a great weekend. Hope yours was too!
xoxo, k&n

Glad you got lucky with the speeding! The first year we were married Cliff got 4 tickets and I was ready to kill him! Most of them were photo radars but still!
ReplyDelete